Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I wanna buy an effects pedal to play with my acoustic guitar...?




Xerandiam


...what should I get? I don't need a tuner...though, that would be nice (my built-in tuner is a bit vague). I don't want one of those multi-effect pads, just a single stomp. I want something that can really give me a lot of muscle to the sound of my acoustic and make it sound like an electric. What's the best single effects pedal available?


Answer
Most acoustic guitarists might recommend a chorus pedal, or some sort of delay or reverb pedal...maybe even a tremelo? An additional graphic equalizer would probably help even out the tone of your guitar.

However, if you want more "muscle" I'd suggest the Ibanez Tube Screamer. It's not a distortion device but rather an over-drive pedal which can be adjusted to give your sound just a hint of more grit.

I've recorded songs where I used distortion on acoustic guitar to great advantage. It gives a different fuller sound then an electric and helps separate it from any other acoustic or electric instruments.

Remember, there are no rules.

Also...try playing closer to the bridge in certain sections to give the acoustic a more chimey, ring-like tone.

Best of luck and keep pickin' till those fingers bleed!

acoustic guitar problem?




rosie


i've been trying to learn myself to play the acoustic guitar,this is going to sound really stupid now,but everytime i play a chord,the string doesn't really respond and it just sounds really quiet and you cant hear it. There are buttons on the guitar which let you alter the pres,treb,miss and bass, i don't know if they have anything to do with it? please help,it won't let me play anything and i don't know why it's doing this.

thanks



Answer
Are you sure this is an acoustic guitar? If it has knobs it's either an electric (which makes hardly any sound unless you plug it into an amp) or an acoustic-electric, which can be played with or without an amp.

An acoustic-electric should make a sound whether you plug it in or not. The knobs will have no effect unless you plug it into an amp. If it does not make a sound when played unplugged (you ARE talking about playing unplugged, right? If not, please clarify), a common reason is poor technique. The usual mistakes are not pressing hard enough, trying to press on top of the fret instead of right behind it, and allowing fingers to touch the wrong strings and kill their vibration.

If none of these situations applies in your case, there may be a problem with the guitar. It would help to know more about what kind of guitar you are talking about (brand and model).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I wanna buy an effects pedal to play with my acoustic guitar...?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment