Sunday, February 16, 2014

Is it possible use a guitar amp software on an acoustic guitar?




Usman


I bought a microphone that can stick to my shirt, in short, a pinch microphone. I have a sound system that i use with my pc and it has a microphone port of 6mm ( I think ). I insert the mic head into the sound hole of my acoustic guitar and i plug in the mic and voila! It works fine. Now I can hear my acoustic guitar amplified. But I want to use a guitar amp software on my acoustic guitar. Tell me if it is possible with that.
Thanks in advance.



Answer
Technically yes you can do that. You'd use a multitrack audio software that takes VST or AU (Mac) plugins, and load that amp sim as a plugin. Then you'd record to that track, and the signal will be processed by the amp sim.

However, the guitar amp software typically expects the input signal to sound like that of an electric guitar, which by itself is quite dull and muddy sounding. Since an acoustic is brighter and sharper sounding, through a guitar amp sim you might get a thin scratchy sound. You could put an EQ plugin prior to the amp sim and roll off the highs a bit, maybe the lows too and approximate an electric guitar if you're going for a distorted sound.

If you want a clean sound, then you're better off running the acoustic guitar signal directly through an EQ, compressor, and reverb plugin without need for an amp sim.

Where is the best place to find free vst plugins for fruity loops?




midaman36


I was really hoping to find a bunch of free vst plugins because i just simply don't have enough instruments to choose from.. for instance i was hoping to get an acoustic guitar plug in and a violin plugin, among many other things. any help would be greatly appreciated :)


Answer
http://www.vst4free.com/ is real nice. It has user ratings so you don't end up downloading hundreds of wasteful VST's.

http://www.vstplanet.com/ is pretty good too. Almost everything on here is top notch quality.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it possible use a guitar amp software on an acoustic guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment