Tuesday, February 18, 2014

what is a good acoustic guitar song to play?




pokervisag


i;m am learning gutair and i was wondering what a good acoustic song is that i can learn..it has to be medium hardness..thankss


Answer
my first song I learned was "StairWay to Heaven" by Led Zepplin..lol..I think a lot of people did this one..trying to think what else I did....lemme think..
California Dreamin by Mamas and the Papas
Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult
Zombie by the Cranberries
Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/d/deep_purple/smoke_on_the_water_tab.htm

Back In Black - ACDC
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/ac_dc/back_in_black_tab.htm

Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morisson
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/v/van_morrison/brown_eyed_girl_tab.htm

also, try out Jim Croce songs.He did all his on acoustic.I loved him! Died young in a plane crash. Some of his songs:
Time In A Bottle(My fave)..Bad, Bad Leroy Brown ⢠Big Wheel ⢠Hard Time Losin' Man ⢠I Got a Name ⢠I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song ⢠Lover's Cross ⢠New York

Also, I love Neil Diamond songs, he also did acoustic.some of his songs were America ⢠Cracklin' Rosie ⢠Forever in Blue Jeans ⢠Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon ⢠Heartlight ⢠Hello Again ⢠I AmI Said ⢠I'm a Believer ⢠September Morn ⢠Solitary Man ⢠Song Sung Blue

Plus another fave of mine who had classic acoustic songs was Neil Young.. he did such songs as Cinnamon Girl ⢠Harvest Moon ⢠Heart of Gold ⢠Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black) ⢠Like a Hurricane ⢠Old Man ⢠Rockin' in the Free World ⢠Southern Man
--
Well, Those are all faves of mine. can't go wrong there. Enjoy! Keep strummin!!

what is a fun song to play on acoustic guitar?

Q. or whats your favorite acoustic song to play or listen to?


Answer
Any song you like is fun to play on acoustic guitar. I probably know a few hundred of them. I am worship leader at my church and play acoustic guitar and sing. I love those kinds of songs, but I'm not sure what you're into. I also like a lot of the classic rock songs like Tears In Heaven (Eric Clapton), Stairway to Heaven (Zeppelin), and a lot of the old Beatles songs. Here Comes the Sun is a pretty good one for acoustic guitar. James Taylor is a great option for acoustic guitar as well. Sometimes it's fun to just do some bluesy jams on the acoustic too. Sometimes I'll throw it in DADGAD tuning and do some Irish folk stuff. It's all good (and fun).

If you want to try something new, put your guitar in DADGAD tuning and just finger pick the open strings and just use the two highest strings (B & E tuned to A & D) to work out some nice melodies (the other 4 strings just kind of drone while you play the melody on the 2 highest strings). It's kind of fun to just mess around with.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what is a good acoustic guitar song to play?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment