Thursday, April 3, 2014

Want to buy a semi-acoustic guitar?




Sonu


Hi! I am planning to buy an electric-acoustic guitar soon.

I had learned a bit of guitar last year but then just got busy with studies so didn't have time to practice much.

I have done some research but different people have so many different opinions which have made me real confused.

My range is around $300 to $400. The problem is that the area where I live has no guitar shops so I have decided to buy from eBay.

These are the guitars I have seen so far which fit my range and have good reviews:
Yamaha APX 500II Thinline Series and Ibanez Talman TCY10.

I know people say the best guitar is the one which feels good to your own ear but as mentioned earlier, the main problem is that I can't play and check the guitars :(

I plan to play 80% of it unplugged at home and 20% plugged in live.

Can anybody please help me decide of the two I mentioned or any other guitar options which would be better than the ones I mentioned within the price range?

Thanks alot!
Sorry, I meant Acoustic-Electric and not semi-acoustic



Answer
A semi-acoustic guitar is a purely electric guitar. A Gibson ES335 is the obvious example.

first acoustic guitar?




sleepy3191


ive wanted to learn to play the guitar and im just stuck on picking one, i have a budget of about 250-300. i was thinking something between the yamaha, ibanez, and a fender. i know that if the bridge is close then its easier on your fingers and will be easier to learn, also if the neck is not to thick then thatll make it easier, im looking for a guitar to learn on and that will be easy to learn on and play...pretty much the easiest guitar but still a good sounding, quality, nice one. thanks


Answer
I have to cast my vote for Ibanez, since they've got incredibly thin necks and low action (strings really close to the fretboard), which makes them much more comfortable to play than most acoustic guitars. They're also built like rocks, sound great and are often nicer than guitars costing twice as much. Ignore the poster who says Ibanez guitars are only made for playing metal, since that's pure fiction. Ibanez may have a big share of the metal guitar market, but jazz legend Pat Metheny endorses the acoustics and that man could play any brand he chooses!

Lots of people like Yamaha acoustics, but I find the necks a little too chunky (I'm female and have small hands) to play comfortably. And Fenders are easy enough to play, but there's nothing spectacular about them at all. They're basically very mediocre guitars both in looks and tone. I've never known a single guitarist who was impressed with Fender acoustics (though the electrics are great), and the only people who seem to buy them are electric guitarists who think they'll get the same quality as they get with Fender electrics.

I bought my first Ibanez guitar second-hand more than 20 years ago figuring I'd use it to learn and then upgrade to a "better" guitar. Over the years, I did get more guitars, but the cheap old Ibanez is still my primary guitar for both recording and playing live. It plays and sounds as great as it did the day I bought it and it hasn't given me a moment of trouble. And when I decided to get an acoustic-electric a couple years ago, the Ibanez ones proved to be nicer (and easier to play) than most of the prestige brands I tried.

If you can, go to a guitar store and test drive a bunch of different guitars, since each brand tends to have its own feel. Chances are, you'll find that one guitar just feels more comfortable and natural in your hands than others. Trust your instincts, since they're more important than anyone else's opinion. But if you don't live close to a good guitar store, here are some links to guitar worth considering -- with great, playable necks and low action:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SGT120-SAGE-SERIES-Acoustic-Guitar-?sku=512326 (Read the reviews! I played this guitar and it's incredible, especially for the price!)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-PC25WC-PF-Series-Acoustic-Guitar-with-Case?sku=620453
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-IJV50-JamPack-Quick-Start?sku=519456
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/-JamPack-SolidTop-Acoustic-Guitar-Pack?sku=514863




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Want to buy a semi-acoustic guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment