Thursday, April 3, 2014

Guide?for acoustic guitar?




gladys k


Im planning to buy an acoustic Guitar i had Big Baby Taylor and seagull in mind
price range is 200-500 bucks.
any suggestions?



Answer
They're both god, but the best idea is to go to your local music shop, see what's in your price range and try a few. You may come across one you hadn't thought of, or a name you don't know that really does it for you. If you are a beginner, take a knowledgeable friend with you if possible. I've just acquired a Little Martin travel guitar, the LX1E. It had built in electrics, but I've played it acoustically in sessions and it's awesome! It might be small, but the sound is amazing. hope this helps. For performance, I use Ovation electro acoustics, but I don't know what they cost where you are.

Hope this helps.

What are the basic things you should learn about playing guitar?




HaNae


I'm buying an acoustic guitar, and I have no idea whatsoever how to play it! And I don't know anything about music (notes and all that stuff) so yeah I pretty much got nothing!
Where should I start?



Answer
Hi :) I'm a 14-year-old guitar player, and I don't know how old you are, but I've been playing guitar for 4 years and I know where to start out and what to do when you first start playing, so I'm going to try and help you. I know, I'm young, but please trust me in what I tell you. K, first, don't buy a guitar if you don't know how to play it. If you end up not liking guitar, it's a complete waste of money and it's sad to see a guitar go to waste. You should only buy a guitar until you are positive you want to keep playing. Start out with borrowing a guitar from somebody or renting one. And DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT start out with teaching yourself. You need to have a teacher that is there to guide you along the way and help you learn notes and theory. Even if one of your parents plays guitar and you want them to teach you, this is not always the best idea because unless you're going to make a set schedule that you are going to follow for your lesson time with them, because you'll most likely get off track because they're your parents, & you will usually find other things to talk about than guitar. So find a teacher that you know will have one lesson with you every week and will give you plenty of things to practice. In the beginning you need to learn all the parts of the guitar (such as the frets), how to tune it by ear and with a tuner, and beginner's theory. You'll probably start out with simple chords and learning the notes that build up a chord and all the different notes across the fret board. Basically, just think theory in the beginning. Once you become comfortable with that and know the basic beginning stuff, you can start learning songs, which is where it gets really fun. Some good songs to learn that are easy for beginners are songs such as "Leaving On a Jet Plane", "Wonderwall", and pretty much any Beatles song, but may I suggest "All My Loving" or "Here Comes The Sun." You will soon learn all the aspects of guitar and become more advanced, and once you get to be an advanced guitarist you will get to pay less attention to theory and start focusing on finding your own style and developing that. If you want to be a singer/songwriter, you'll need to know intervals, complementary chords, how to play the same chord on a different place on the neck of the guitar, and not be tonedeaf (=D), and hopefully your teacher will have taught you all of this. If you feel that you are capable of looking at guitar tabs and knowing how to play a song by yourself, teaching yourself something by ear, &/or if you know all the theory you need to know, then that is the time when you can go off on your own and become your own teacher. This is sort of what I'm doing now, because everything my current teacher is teaching me I already know or have learned in some other way. I've gone through so many teachers the past 4 years that for a while I kind of gave up on myself because I felt like they were giving up on me, but I learned it was because I was advancing and was capable of doing more. So don't feel that way like I did. Just know that if you practice enough, you are becoming a better guitarist each and every day. I mostly teach myself songs now, and my current guitar teacher mainly just does some theory with me. Now, don't just take ALL of my advice from only me. Ask other people as well, such as a friend you know that plays guitar, different teachers that you think may be good for you, or even try writing to someone like Jimmy Page or The Edge. Ask them how they started and see if they can give you any advice. It sounds kinda crazy, but you never know if they'll write back. It's worth the try. I hope I have helped you a lot and that you will take what I say into consideration :) Good luck with guitar!!! (It's really, really fun...) =]




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Guide?for acoustic guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment