Monday, August 5, 2013

How much should a good acoustic guitar cost?

best acoustic guitars 600 dollars
 on Free shipping Nylon Strap for Acoustic Electric Guitar Bass Black 100% ...
best acoustic guitars 600 dollars image



Alyssandra


Its going to be my first guitar and I've managed to collect $200 from months of babysitting. Is that enough?


Answer
For $200, the best acoustic guitar you can get is a Yamaha FG700S. It's a "good" acoustic guitar. They have a solid spruce top, sound great and play very nicely. I think you'd be happy with that one.

As far as what a really good acoustic guitar would cost, it's all relative (how much you have, how much/well you play, what features you want, etc). I have a Guild D4NT I bought in the mid 90's for about $600. I play it every day and lead worship in church with it on Sundays. It didn't come with a pickup, so I had an LR Baggs pickup professionally installed. In my opinion it is an amazing sounding guitar and the best I could find for that price at that time. I'm currently shopping for a smaller bodied guitar and have been eying some Martin OMC-1E guitars or Taylor 312CE guitars at around $1000. I consider those good guitars at this point in my musical career. One could easily go out and spend several thousand dollars on a high end guitar, but that's not really necessary to get a "good" guitar.

But definitely try out the Yamaha FG700S. I think it's the best you'll get for $200.

What type of acoustic guitar should i buy?




David


I have an electric guitar and have been playing for about a year, I'm going to buy an acoustic but i don't know what type would be best? I don't want to play classical or anything i just like the sound of playing songs acoustic. Please help.


Answer
Sounds like you want a steel string acoustic (don't buy a nylon string classical if you don't want to play classical). As far as body style, it depends what type of music you want to play and what feels comfortable to you. Jumbos are the largest and have a boomy low end sound and are good for finger picking but aren't so good for strumming. Dreadnoughts are the most prevalent style and are a good compromise of size and weight with balanced tone. Then there are a number of concert/auditorium/orchestra models which are smaller bodied and have more high end tone but less pronounced bass. Since you play, I'd suggest you go to a bunch of guitar shops and try out different ones and see what you like in terms of feel and sound. You can decide what you like better than any of us.

As for recommending a particular guitar, it depends what you want to spend. Yamaha, in my opinion, is tops for the lower price guitars. When you get up in the $400 - $500 range there are still some nice Yamaha models, but also Takamine, Seagull, Epiphone Masterbilt, and some others come into play. Over $600 I'd start looking at Martin and Taylor as options. If you want to spend more but still stay out of the several thousand dollar guitars, the best brands are Martin, Taylor, Larrivee, Cole Clark, and Breedlove. Then there are the crazy ridiculous ones that cost several thousand dollars like Colling, Santa Cruz, McPherson & others.

But I'd take a good look and listen at some Yamaha guitars if you're looking for a good first acoustic guitar and have only been playing for a year. The Yamaha FG700S is a great basic guitar with a solid spruce top for $199. If you want electronics in it, the Yamaha FGX700SC has the built in pickup/preamp and a cutaway for only $299. They're the best for the money in my opinion.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How much should a good acoustic guitar cost?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment