Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Is it economical to make a guitar amp by a processor and speakers or buy a cheap amp. I have a semi acoustic.?

cheap semi acoustic guitars
 on Cheap Electric Guitars - Guitars - Zimbio
cheap semi acoustic guitars image



noname


i brought a new semi acoustic guitar(acoustic guitar with a electric port). Now I can buy a cheap guitar amp or i can buy a cheap guitar processor and use my old computer speakers. Which configuration will give a better sound and be more economical.


Answer
I'm not sure what a semi-acoustic is? Do you mean a semi-hollow body guitar? If so, then it's classified as an electric.

You asked which would give a better sound and be more economical. Unfortunately, this is an either/or situation. Better sound, economical, pick one!

For an electric guitar, the amp is an much a part of the sound as the guitar itself. I doubt that computer speakers (at least most of them) would give you a very satisfying experience. For low level playing, you're going to at least want an 8" speaker, preferaably a 10". For performance, at least two 10"s or a 12".

Save yourself the aggravation and get yourself a proper amp.

Greetings form Austin, TX

Ken

Can I clean my acoustic guitar with a damp washcloth or paper towel?




Chris


I have an acoustic guitar that I would like to clean up a bit. I can't get any of the necessary cleaning products at the time, so I was wondering if it would be ok to use a SLIGHTLY wet washcloth or paper towel on it. It is a cheap guitar, so I am not overly worried, but I want to know if it would do any serious damage, to sound or appearance.


Answer
Water is fine as long as you don't let it stand on there or get onto unfinished surfaces like the interior, fretboard, or bridge. A soft cloth (microfiber cloth, old soft t-shirt, or old diaper) is the best for avoiding fine scratches. If you want to use something else, be careful not to rub too hard. I wouldn't use a paper towel on a good guitar, but if you're not worried about semi-microscopic scratches you'll probably be fine.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it economical to make a guitar amp by a processor and speakers or buy a cheap amp. I have a semi acoustic.?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment