Sunday, August 4, 2013

I really want to play guitar but have trouble getting rhythm?

acoustic guitar blues beginner
 on Best Blues Guitar Lesson DVDs - TheGuitarLesson.com
acoustic guitar blues beginner image



the instig


I'm a beginner. I know the chords basically and I have an acoustic guitar. I love old-time blues (Leadbelly, Willie McTell, etc) and want to play that. My strumming sounds terrible now, will it improve? How do I strum more consistently? I have trouble keeping a certain rhythm or beat for a long time, i get distracted by thoughts too easily.


Answer
I would highly recommend getting a lesson from a professional, they will teach you correct hand positioning and chords. A metronome could be a good investment because it clicks the beat loudly so you can feel the rhythm and beat past your own thoughts!

What is a good electric guitar for someone just starting out?




fuzzy


I've played acoustic guitar for a while now but want to get into some lead blues guitar. Some good beginner guitar options please


Answer
You already play, so you're obviously very interested in the instrument, so don't settle for a shittay squire / ibanez / yamaha b/c you'll just end up having to replace them in like 3 years (becuase they suck so bad)

A great sounding blues guitar for a decent price would be a Mexican Fender Telecaster (only 'Mexican' b/c thats where its made) - its relativly inexpensive, and it plays pretty well. Make sure you get one that has a clear varnish on it, this will allow you to visually inspect the wood of the body making sure that there are no 'knots' in the wood b/c the f-up the sound pretty bad.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I really want to play guitar but have trouble getting rhythm?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment