Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What is a good electric guitar/amp/pedal for hardcore/metal music?

cheap electro acoustic guitars uk
 on guitar and bass repairs and set ups contact me for any guitar or bass ...
cheap electro acoustic guitars uk image



Dakota1993


I have experience on an acoustic but have never really dabbled in electric guitars so im lost. I need to know a good guitar, amp, and whatever pedals I will need for hardcore or metal music. Im looking for a good bit of distortion but that the same time something clear. My price range isnt anything great. I got about $1500 to spend. Thanks!


Answer
Guitar: Ideally I'd suggest going for a First Act, as so many absolute guitar heroes from the genres you've mentioned have First Act signature models, but I think all there models are out of your price range. I would suggest an Epiphone SG G-400 http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Epiphone/G-400.aspx: a really great model for very cheap, with a classic gibson tone while also having an "alternative" sound to the les paul. Ibanez also have really good, really versatile models that are excellent for any style of metal, hardcore, technical or punk. I don't have much experience with Ibanez so you would be better trying these out for yourself. I have had great experience playing these styles on Washburn Idols as well http://www.washburn.com/electrics/original-idol-series/
For pedals, all you will need at first is a good distortion. I would suggest anything made by Boss. However, if you really want to develop your own sound, I'd suggest trying some Electro Harmonix pedals because they have a very unique tone, but aren't as widely used as Boss.
Finally, although I've given you a lot of options for guitars and pedals, the only amp I would truely recommend is Blackstar http://www.blackstaramps.co.uk/ they have an absolutely delicious tone, you really have to try these for yourself! Definitely the unsung heroes of the amp world.

I hope this has helped! I'm looking forward to seeing the other answers in this question, as these are also my two favourite genres to play on guitar.

How do i turn my Rosetti archtop Guitar into an Electro-Acoustic?




Gerry


The guitar is from 1960. It has a regular acoustic bridge but do i need a pickup and a bridge or just a pickup. I already have an amplifier and jack lead. 5 points for best answer. p.s I'm on a tight budget. I need something really cheap but does the job and lasts long.
Many Thanks
Geard
pps you can leave any links to sites youve found. I live in the UK so they must be british sites. Thank You



Answer
It can be done, however that's best left to a professional to do. They have the equipment, and the raining to install what is needed, and will be able to do it properly. Otherwise if you have never done it, you run the risk of damaging your guitar, and that can be expensive to have fixed properly.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good electric guitar/amp/pedal for hardcore/metal music?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment