Friday, September 27, 2013

What acoustic guitar strings to use?

best acoustic guitar strings for beginners
 on Basic Open Chords for Beginner Guitar Players That You Must Know
best acoustic guitar strings for beginners image






I have a Yamaha acoustic guitar. I am a beginner and finding the strings i have very hard to use. I want to get different strings that are easier on my fingers and less difficult to press down. I don't have a specific genre of playing since i am just learning.
I know that nylon strings would be easier but I am not sure if they are compatible with my guitar.
Can someone help me out?



Answer
For a beginning guitarist I would recommend anything from D'Addario. get the lightest action that they have for your acoustic guitar. I would also look in to whether your action is too high. Your action is the distance between the the stings and the neck of the guitar. The lower the action the harder it is to press the strings down and get a good clean tone. I think your action is the culprit here my friend but, if not D'Addario is the way to go.

Why my acoustic guitar strings vibrate less with my pick holding technique?




Mahendra


there are 2 ways i hold my pic.
1st way i used is like between thumb and index finger(not side part but underneath of index finger).
With this holding technique my guitar strings sound sharp but i am not comfortable with this. :(

2nd way is between thumb and side of index finger.(not exactly over nail of index finger but little away and just over the bone tip) here strings doesnt sound sharp but i am very comfortable playing this. here strings vibrates less thats what i feel.

i am beginner and 1 year exp.



Answer
First of all, you need to hold your pick with the right amount of pressure. Best way to do this is to hold the pick and have someone remove it from you. It should be easy. That is the way to hold it since the pick needs to move up and down and in a circular motion when picking especially.

The harder you hold the pick, the harsher the sound. How you attack the string and how it will sound will depend on the way you are holding your pick.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What acoustic guitar strings to use?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment