Monday, December 16, 2013

What is good sized guitar for a beginner?

best acoustic guitar for beginners children
 on custom acoustic guitars images,View custom acoustic guitars photos ...
best acoustic guitar for beginners children image



Beth


I have been wanting to play guitar for a while and my parents are going to get me one for my birthday, i was wondering what would be a good sized acoustic guitar to start on? or a specific brand? i am left handed if that makes a difference. my boyfriend has a full sized guitar and i cant even get my arm over it, so thats too big, any suggestions?


Answer
Tons of info on how to pick your first one: http://www.firstguitar.com/Articles/HowtoChoosetheRightGuitar.html

If you are small, like the size of most pre-teens, you may need to use an older child's size guitar. Chances are you can use an adult sized one, you just have to find the right body style.

As for brands, Yamaha has some of the best from the low to the very high end, and their "low-moderate" priced ones are amazingly good compared to their price-equals. I suggest going to a guitar store and having the pros there walk through the differences with you so you can really pick out the best one for you. Each brand and style has its own sound (some sound more metallic, some sound more harp-like). You really want to avoid the super cheap ones, especially those that come in boxed sets with lots of "stuff". They sound exactly like what you paid for. :)

One tip from doing this process recently: painted guitars are a LOT cheaper than the ones with beautiful wood and clear varnish. This is because they can use uglier looking wood to make great sound. The nice shiny opaque layer of lacquer hides cosmetic wood flaws. Beautiful wood that is also perfectly carved and flawlessly grown is expensive.

What is a good acoustic guitar for a beginner on a budget?




<3


I need to keep the price under or around $175.
I don't want a Wal-Mart piece of crap. I just want a good guitar for myself, who was never played a guitar. I'm 5'2", around 110lbs and 13, if that makes a difference.

Thanks



Answer
Ibanez has a fantastic model called Sage that sells for $180, but which would serve you well for decades. It has a solid wood top (that's the most important factor in determining sound quality), whereas most guitars in its price range are made from laminated wood. It's built like a rock, as well. When I tried it at Guitar Center, I thought it was priced wrong because it played like a $500 guitar. It's the sort of guitar you can play for decades and pass down to your own children, it's so nicely crafted.

Beginners, and especially beginners with small hands, tend to have a much easier time learning on guitars that have really thin necks and low action (strings close to the fretboard). Ibanez guitars are famous for having incredibly user-friendly necks. I'm female and have fingers the size of Vienna sausages. After lots of desperate searching, I found that Ibanez guitars were perfect for me. I bought a second-hand Ibanez more than 25 years ago figuring I'd use it to learn and then upgrade to a better guitar. I did eventually get more guitars, but the cheap old Ibanez is still my primary guitar for both recording and playing live because the sound is pristine and it feels like it was custom made for me. And my guitar snob brother, who owns a recording studio and swears only Gibson and Martin guitars are worth owning, often borrows my Ibanez for recording projects because the sound is perfect.

I'll post a link to the Sage, in case you're interested. If you read the reviews, you'll find I'm not exaggerating about how nice it is.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SGT120NT-SAGE-SERIES-Acoustic-Guitar-?sku=512326




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is good sized guitar for a beginner?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment