Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Could you give me a recommendation for my first electric guitar?

best acoustic guitars small hands
 on Bailey Acoustic Shop - The Best Acoustic Shop in Central Florida
best acoustic guitars small hands image



hmm


I'm an intermediate player, but on acoustic only. I want a guitar for blues/rock, no heavy metal for me :-) I have very small hands and would like a guitar that's fairly light and with a smallish neck? My price range is about $1200 or under. Thanks for any help. I really like the sound of semi-acoustic guitars but strictly electric would be fine as well.


Answer
Nice!!! getting a guitar for blues and rock should not be any trouble because both styles use similar techniques. You can actually choose from a Fender to something that looks awesome and at the same time delivers clean sounds as an Ibanez guitar. The brand of a guitar does not really matter...what it really matters is how comfortable you feel with one while playing. You have to go on hunting your guitar LoL...test the sounds, check if it is to heavy or light all that staff is very important...sit down and play it...stand up and play some more...feel it which one is very playable and then take a decision. Here is a link to look for a guitar once you take that next step of buying one. Good Luck!!!

Why do people think the classical guitar's neck is bigger than a acoustic guitar's neck?




Malikah Si


I play both and it is true that the classical guitar's neck is wider than a acoustic one. Because it is but that doesn't make it bigger. Yes the acoustic guitar neck is more flat but im a girl with very small hands and I mean baby hands and I tried to play a Taylor 814ce and I couldn't even do a bar chord.because my index finger couldn't even fit halfway across the fretboard. Lol no joke but it can fit on the classical. Also why do people think the classical guitar is harder to play? I think its based on opinion because to me its not. It's easier because the strings are nylon and not hard to press Down on ..no they don't have low action but still. And its fingerstyle so that means no playing with a pick which is easy because playing with a pick for me is harder cause u basically have one finger picking the string instead of 4 fingers to work with. I'm a fingerstyle player even on the acoustic so its easier for me to not use a pick. But the only problem I have with acoustics are to big.


Answer
I think you are merely arguing semantics at this point. Many of the people who say the neck is "bigger" MEAN that it is wider. Some people do say the correct word "wider" . You should realize by now that the English language is not something widely studied and/or adhered to in this forum.

I do not however, understand how you cannot barre on a steel string acoustic but can on a classical guitar.
Unless the classical guitar was a small scale guitar similar to the one I used as a pre-teen and teen.
It had a neck similar in width to an steel string or electric guitar.

Here is a page that illustrates this, comparing necks widths.
http://www.vbguitar.com/reference-neck-width-for-acoustic-guitars/

I looked up the specs for the Taylor 814CE,and indeed, it has a neck width of 1 3/4"
There is also a Taylor 814CE-N which is a nylon stringed version with a nut width of 1 7/8"
Classical guitars have a nut width from 1 3/4 -2 inches.


So the classical guitar you play HAS to be a short scale 3/4 or 1/2 size guitar. Since small scale classical guitars have a nut width of 1.75 inches ( I looked some up and both 1/2 and 3/4 sized ones have 1.75 nuts.)

So I'm very curious as to why you found that much difference.

It's also possible that the ones who say a classical guitar is harder to play is in reference to the style and complexity of music played on it. It is "harder" to play....not strength wise, but knowledge and skill wise.

Anyway....everything is based on opinion concerning the difficulty of playing an instrument.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Could you give me a recommendation for my first electric guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment