Thursday, January 30, 2014

Good beginner acoustic guitar?




Chica P


I'm looking to find an affordable acoustic guitar that has a decent sound. (This is what I found on craigs list in my price range.)
Fender Concord, Fender DG-6, Takamine Jasmine, The Applause AE128 (acoustic-electric), Johnson JG-620, OE-60 Ocsar Schmidt, Eleca DAG-5-TP, and the Alvarez RD-8.

Which of these would be the best pick?

I would be playing it just as a hobby, nothing big. It would be great to get some suggestions; as I am new to this instrument. I've been playing the viola all my life but I'm looking for something a little more solo.
Also, if anyone knows which characteristics I should be looking for the most and which questions to ask people please let me know.



Answer
I'm not familiar with the guitars you listed, but I did want to tell you that in my experience, Ibanez makes the absolute best beginner guitars. They have a lot of models that are under $400.

If you aren't going to be performing a whole lot, I've found that non-electric acoustics are usually a better value. Dreadnought wood has been good to me...you want something relatively flexible and durable. I'd advise against anything that feels too light, though some people love those kinda guitars. Besides that, go with what sounds good to you, trust your intuitions.

I've had the AW30NT ARTWOOD SERIES for four years now, and it has been good to me.

I wouldn't recommend a nylon-strings for a casual player.

And I agree with Paul, it is generally worth it to pay a little extra and get a new guitar. There are a lot of things that can go wrong with acoustics, and the cheap ones aren't built to last forever.

Good luck!

Acoustic guitar question: If you were an absolute beginner, would you start out with a crappy but cheap guitar?




I lie a lo


that was playable but crappy and then upgrade if you decided to stick to it, or would you invest some more money into a better guitar that you could play for a longer time?
One more question: Before you develop callouses, how badly does pressing the chords hurt?
I think I want to buy myself a guitar and try to play but I'm not sure :x



Answer
Depends on your definitions, and your budget. About $100 is the cutoff point between guitars that a beginner could learn on and those that aren't worth considering. $150-300 is a better range for a decent beginner instrument, and includes some that are very decent indeed, like the Yamaha FG-700S at about $200. I wouldn't suggest that a complete beginner spend more than $300 personally, since their tastes (and their ability to recognize a good guitar when they see one) are bound to develop and change.

It's best to play for shorter periods at a stretch until calluses develop. If it hurts a lot, you're either overdoing it to the point where you risk getting blisters, or your guitar isn't properly adjusted (which can be avoided by only buying from a music store after trying the guitar out. Do not buy online or from nonmusic stores. Don't buy used if you don't know how to recognize potential repair issues).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Good beginner acoustic guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment