Sunday, February 2, 2014

Acoustic guitars for beginners?




Jessica


I'm learning how to play guitar and I've been borrowing a guitar but it's a really expensive one (Taylor) which I can't get since my parents are making me pay for it. I need my own now and I want the best quality guitar I can get without spending too much money since this is my first guitar. I'm able to spend around $300-$350. I was looking around and I was playing a Ibanez V200S Solid Top Acoustic Guitar in the store the other day and it had a nice feel to it but I was wondering, is this a good guitar? And do they last? I was also looking at a Epiphone (not sure what model) and I wanted to know if this brand was good too. I've also had some people reccomend Yamahs and Fenders, what do you know about these for beginners?
Alright well I can't afford that right now so I wanna know what the best I can get is for my price range.



Answer
$300 is plenty to spend on a beginner guitar. I've been playing guitar for 38 years and have never spent more than $500 on a guitar and I have some nice sounding guitars.

For $300 you should definitely get a solid wood top, like you pointed out the Ibanez V200S has. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Ibanez acoustic guitars although I love their electric guitars and basses. Same with Fender for me, not great acoustic guitars. Dean guitars are just garbage.

The brands I'd look at in the $300 - $350 range personally would be Yamaha, Takamine, and Epiphone. I'd definitely advise you to try any of them out before buying. You might find Epiphones have a chunkier neck (wider and fatter) and, especially as a girl, you might not like that. My first guitar was an Epiphone and my brother still has it. It plays like garbage compared to my $500 Guild acoustic. I've played many guitars at Guitar Center and other stores (primarily looking up to $500) and the Yamahas were definitely the best sounding, nicest feeling guitars I've played in the $300 - $500 range. I think a good FS720S like Mikey recommended would be a great option. I actually really like the FG700S at only $200 as a beginner guitar I've recommended to many of my students, but it's a bit bigger and you might like the FS720S better. Personally, I'd avoid the Fenders, but if you play one and like it it's really up to you. If you can find a used Guild in your price range I'd definitely give that some consideration. I've had my Guild for 15 years and it's the only acoustic guitar I play.

Too bad you're getting spoiled on a Taylor! I'm actually saving up to get a nice Taylor 314ce (about $1600!). That will certainly be the best guitar I'll ever own. They are nice guitars though, but it will be hard to find something as nice sounding and easy to play for $300!

Where can I find good quality acoustic guitar for a beginner?




Adam P


I recently purchased a Lyon guitar by Washburn at Target for around $100. The sound quality is poor and when i played a chord or note it seemed to make this strange hissing or rattling sound...So i took it back and am looking for a quality non expensive acoustic guitar. I'm willing to spend anywhere from a $100 - $200. Also the guitar I purchased earlier was really hard on the fingers. You had to press down so hard on the strings just to get a decent sound. And my fingers where sore after an hour of playing. I believe it had steel strings...are nylon strings easier on the fingers? I heard about Esteban's guitar and i had seen it on HSN and QVC ...idk Any help would be greatly appreciated


Answer
Found some super sales on Takamine guitars at this website:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=takamine+guitar&src=3WWRWXO1&ZYXSEM=0

Takamine is a brand with a good reputation among musicians.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Acoustic guitars for beginners?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment