Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Guitar For Beginners.......?




Kartik


Can I Start With An Elec.Guitar Or Is First Started With An Acoustic?
How Do I Learn The Basics Without Any Music Classes If I Use The Internet?
Where Can I Learn The Basics If I Am Mainly Interested In Heavy Metal?



Answer
Hey :D
I am currently in almost the exact same position as you, except that I've already bought my guitar. I got an electric and ignored everyone's advice about buying an acoustic first. I really love it. =]
I got a cheap guitar, that came with an amp and all that, and it even came with a dvd, with some instruction, but I basically only use it for the chords =P
I would suggest with starting by learning how to read tabs and the names of the strings.
Names of the strings:
From left to right, its
Low E
A
D
G
B
High E
But you might also hear people refer to them as
6
5
4
3
2
1
In that same order. The thickest one is Low E and/or 6 and the thinnest is High E and/or 1
What I mean by left to right is that if you lift your guitar up vertically, then that's the order you'll see.
Next, learn how to read tabs.
I'd reccomend to ge there --v
http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AnDbS0tHzoErXfA1IQWSxMjpFQx.;_ylv=3?qid=20090630175135AAON5Ev

Now, once you got that down, try some easy songs. An extremly easy song, which I learned in minutes, was Smoke On The Water. (Another, semi, easy one is Sweet Home Alabama bgy Lynard Skynard)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lJ1SM9zuvQ&feature=PlayList&p=CDE344D3DC2C545C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=31
(Not the video I learned it from but I can't find the one I learned it off of =P)

You can also try looking up some of your favourite songs (I, personally, am currently learning Enterlude by The Killers, ExitLude by The Killers, and A Certain Romance by The Arctic Monkeys.)
Just go to Ulitimate-Guitar.com and search for the tablature that you want. =]
I hope I helped you some =P
Ta ta for now xD

What kind of acoustic guitar should i buy for beginners?




Lady Dee


So im new to the guitar world.So what kind of guitar should i get the price range under $200 or 300. And what other stuff should i get with the guitar.


Answer
Yamaha's are really good for beginners and affordable! They have great sound, and look great. Believe me, I own one! Some other stuff that you should get with the guitar is probably a tuner. I have a tuner and a Yamaha, that's basically what you need. But you'd always want extra strings but you might also want to see this.
http://www.zzounds.com/cat--Guitar-Accessories--2545
Yamaha's are sold basically everywhere, and you can find them on this website.
http://www.yamaha.com/guitars/home/
http://shopping.yahoo.com/s:Acoustic%20Guitars:4168-Brand=Yamaha
I try going to the second website, it's easier to navigate.
Hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Guitar For Beginners.......?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment