Monday, February 3, 2014

Which instrument should I learn, guitar drums or bass?




Chip n dip


I have always wanted to learn a musical instrument, although I am undergoing a problem, I'm stuck on which instrument to play.

Guitar:
On my experience with a cheap acoustic guitar that I was supplied in music class, I liked it and am learning it quickly. I can already play riffs from songs such as "Smoke on the Water".

Another factor that is making me lean toward guitar is that I don't plan on playing in band, just by myself or with my friends ocassionly. After hearing guitar is the best option for lonely musicians, it's looking to be a good option for me.

Now the thing that is turning me off. If I DO join a band, I don't want to be the guy duking it out in the spotlight, I'd rather play a rhythmic role due to my sense of rhythm. Yet again, joining a band isn't on my radar.

Bass:
I haven't had my hands on a bass yet, although it looks interesting and great for my situation. A rhythmic instrument that has complexity towards it.

One issue is that I heard that playing bass solo is less then a fun experience sometimes, saying it can get tedious and boring.

Drums:
I'm kind of on the rocks with drums whether it's the right instrument for me or not. At school, I've had the most experience with the drums and am one of the top students (not to sound like I'm bragging), being able to play a lot of songs by just listening to them.

Although one thing that needs answering should be asked. I've had to play on a low budget electronic drum kit at school because our teacher had surgery on their ear, making us resort to acoustic and electronic instruments that can be played through (don't ask why electric guitars or basses weren't aloud). But from what I remember on that kit was that was boring and felt lifeless, although this is on a cheap electronic kit.

Although I find myself playing drum beats with my feet or on desks without noticing it.

With all that information gathered, what do you think would be a good instrument for me?

Thank you for your time.



Answer
If you really aren't interested in playing with a band in the future, I can't really see much value in learning the drums and the bass. There are soloists who can make either sound interesting on their own but it can be pretty tedious playing drums or bass by yourself for hours on end. Guitar is a bit richer of an instrument if you're just playing by yourself.

Still, that's a lot of work to put into an instrument if your goal is to just play by yourself and never really do anything with it. Most of us learn guitar or drums or bass because we want to become good at them and play music for other people. That's kind of the idea.

how can i improve this song?




armiralthi


ive posted various versions of it as ive changed it but im still not happy what do i need to change?

(right now i have it being sung with an acoustic guitar edited to give it a weird echo and some samples of radar pings in the background, song is ment to be comparing a drug trip to the flight of icarus... er hence the name)

icarus

(verse1)
Beyond the sun
I float on painted wings
with sonar song
and radio streams
out here where theres no-one else
no-one else but me
I am the dreamer
I am the dream

(chorus)
fly Icarus fly
and dont come down
till they make you
fly Icarus fly
and dont come down
till they make you

(verse 2)
I've flown beyond
your boundries and laws
into the void
the dark beyond the stars
out here where the message ends
the silent cold
I am the dreamer
I am the dream

chorus

(verse 3)
On melted wings
and failed ambition
a shooting star
I fall from heaven
I crash and I burn
I crashed and burned

chorus

(outro)
I was the dreamer
I dared to dream
- iarus is a guy from greek legend who had wings made for him by his father in order to escape the labyrinth icarus was warned not to fly too close to the sun cause the wax in his wings would melt, long story short he was so overcome with the joy of flying he forgo what he was doing strayed too close to the sun, promptly lost his wings and fell to a messy end



Answer
I rather liked it. Although its kinda hard to imagine the music you have mapped out with it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which instrument should I learn, guitar drums or bass?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment