Friday, September 13, 2013

Why did new tuning gears knock my acoustic guitar out of whack?

best acoustic guitar neck wood
 on Gibson.com: Gibson Hummingbird Custom KOA
best acoustic guitar neck wood image



Digital Ag


I customized one of my acoustic guitars, made in China with real woods, by putting a set of high quality Grover tuning gears on it. Now it stays in tune and sounds great, but there is a slight buzz on the upper frets....I am wondering if the neck tension is different now.


Answer
As long as the nut and bridge are the same, that shouldnt happen. i've never heard of tuning gears changing neck tension
To fix the buzz, get the saddle changed. get it done proffesionally, its a part you DONT wanna screw up.

how can I build a acoustic guitar from scratch?




Colin B


I am in a engineering class and for a final project i want to build an acoustic guitar. I cant do it the normal way with glue so can i make a box and add a neck or something like that? Do you have any other ideas. We have a cnc machine and other machines i can cut wood.


Answer
You could try, but you wouldn't be very happy with the result.
Just bracing the face for good tone across the range of the instrument
would be an exercise in advanced acoustic engineering.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why did new tuning gears knock my acoustic guitar out of whack?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment