Friday, November 22, 2013

How does Guitar Center display their guitars without humidity affecting them?

best humidity for acoustic guitars
 on ... - Controlling the Derimental Effects of Humidity on Acoustic Guitars
best humidity for acoustic guitars image



Mr. Fuloop


Is the acoustic guitar room isolated to keep in humidity?
Also, do electric guitars need to be humidified?



Answer
Is the acoustic guitar room isolated to keep in humidity?

No, it's just a different section. They do have air conditioners though and a regular temperature range.
The guitars retain the same humidity levels which is fine.

Also, do electric guitars need to be humidified?

The other poster is wrong. It's very important to have a good stable storage environment.
In overly humid environments, electric guitars will have bad tuning stability and a weaker transference of vibration.

This is why if you have an electric guitar that's been packed away in tune, when you take it out of the case it's out of tune.

The tuning slips because of the environment conditions. It will also take 2-3 days before it hits a good tuning stability again

What should I do with my acoustic guitars while I'm away?




Rebecca


I'm leaving for the Air Force for 4 months and I'm not exactly sure what to do with my 2 acoustic guitars. Usually I play them every day so I don't have to worry about storing them or anything. But the problem is that I don't have any hard cover cases, just gig bags. What should I do with them while I'm away? I don't think leaving them out in the open is a good idea.


Answer
Loosen the strings and store them in a place that will remain at 40-50% relative humidity, if possible, and where the temperature will remain within the range a person would find comfortable. Case or soundhole humidifiers will help to maintain humidity if there is someone you can rely on to put water in them before they go dry. They will need frequent refilling (every few days, most likely) if all you have is gig bags.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How does Guitar Center display their guitars without humidity affecting them?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment