Sunday, November 17, 2013

What is the best kind of guitar for a starter?

guitar for beginners acoustic vs electric
 on ... Questions Asked by Beginner Guitar Players | The New Guitar Player
guitar for beginners acoustic vs electric image



Sakura&Sha


Uhm. I'm planning to learn how to play a guitar for some time now but there's so many kinds of them. There's the baas guitar, acoustic guitar and classical guitar. My problem is I don't know which should I buy. Anyone can help me?


Answer
Starting on acoustic guitar should give you better technique. Personally i really don't think its a necessity. although one big advantage is that you focus more on what you are playing vs messing around with amps, guitar effects, etc.

the cool thing about musical instruments is that so many people throw in the towel so early. Meaning there are a lot of unwanted guitars out there waiting to get played. I got my first guitar for free from my uncle. I bet there is someone you know that also has a guitar just collecting dust. see if they would let you borrow it until you decide to if you are going to commit to the instrument. they just might let you keep it?

Avoid pawn shops. unless you really know what you are looking at, there is a high likely-hood that you will over pay or get a bad instrument.

musiciansfriend.com is a great resource simply because they have such a massive collection. decent prices, but only the major brands.

and most importantly what are some of your favorite artists? I would imagine you would want a similar sound to theirs. so if your going the electric route you cannot go wrong with a les paul or a strat. tonewood matters alder is preferable in a strat, and mahogany for a lespaul. often times budget guitars substitutes for other varieties such as basswood. It does not mean its necessarily a worse guitar, but it will definitely contribute as to why it sounds different than more expensive rivals.

A good reputable company to check out is rondomusic.com

http://www.rondomusic.com/st802rn3ts.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000whitegoldhw.html

the first one is a strat. and the second is a very well price les paul alternative. Their agile line is very nice and will suit a beginner to intermediate player very well. I have ordered from them and they are great. The les pauls are much nicer than similarly priced epiphone models. stay away from their sx line, mostly for people who enjoy modding their guitars and know how to set them up.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Deluxe-Strat-Electric-Guitar?sku=517231

here is a comparable guitar made by squier. it does have the basswood body, but the finish on these guitars really is quite good. and you can pick it up at your local guitar center.

a well made electric guitar will be plenty resonant for practicing. amps will not be needed.

I hope you have fun getting your first guitar. get an instrument within your budget and wail away.

What are some things to for at while buying an electric acoustic guitar?




Michael


I have taken up guitar before, but left it for quite some time.
I'm looking to picking it back up, but honestly I have know prior knowledge about acoustic guitars.
What are some good guitars that are good for beginners yet I won't grow out of for a very long time?
Also what are some things I need to look at string-wise, for example the differences between nylon strings vs steel or etc.



Answer
Nylon strings are found on "classical guitars". These guitars have wider necks and can be a little more difficult to play chords on. The tone is not as bright as steel string guitars and you NEVER put steel strings on a classical guitar because classical guitars are not built to handle the higher tension of steel strings. Over time the steel strings would pull the top off the guitar! I would choose steel string guitars for playing pop or contemporary music. Classical guitars are great for a more mellow tone; for playing classical, folk, or latino/flamenco style music. So it really depends on the type of music you expect to play. I have both types of guitars but I rarely play the classical one because I enjoy the brighter sound of the steel string guitar and it suits the music I play which is pop/contemporary.

You mentioned "electric/acoustic" guitars. "Ovation" makes a great sounding acoustic/electric guitar.

Good luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best kind of guitar for a starter?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment