Sunday, November 17, 2013

I am looking for a new acoustic guitar, advise?

acoustic guitar for beginners recommendation
 on Parts of the Guitar - Acoustic Guitar Parts - Electric Guitar Parts ...
acoustic guitar for beginners recommendation image



Dene D


I have been playing on my beginners guitar for about 3 years and I am getting much, much better. I have been scanning Guitar Center and other websites for a cheap, good quality acoustic guitar. I would like advise, tips, hints, recommendations, ect.
Thank you!



Answer
Washburn D46SCE (my main instrument) is an excellent guitar, and you can sometimes find one for a great deal on eBay, if you're watching for it.

The D46CESP looks even cooler, IMHO (2nd link). (One of these is on eBay right now starting at $400 w/ a hard case! - 3rd link). That's an awesome deal.

(I've purchased 2 used guitars to date (2 Greg Bennett Samick models - 1 from eBay, and 1 from Music-Go-Round) without holding or playing them first, and because I had done a certain amount of research beforehand, and they were higher-end models to start with, the guitars were everything I expected and more. I payed hundreds less for each model than what they originally sold for new.)

A cutaway feature is great, and indispensable, on an acoustic to give you access to the upper frets.

You don't want to look for a new guitar that's too cheap in price, because that's generally what you'll end up getting in quality.

The Washburn models mentioned are professional-grade instruments that will not hinder you technically like a cheaper-quality guitar will.
The high-end Grover tuning keys on these models keep intonation locked in!
The action is set low, and the sound is rich and full. Find your perfect gauge Elixirs and you'll be set for your foreseeable future - never needing another guitar to keep up with your talent level.

What sort of acoustic-electric guitar should I buy?




Malignantl


I'm a beginner and I have a friend who has played for years and he recommended I get an Ovation acoustic-electric guitar.

We've sort of agreed on Ovation Celebrity CC24 Acoustic-Electric Guitar but I would like to know if anybody has an other recommendations?

Any other brands?

This will be the first time I've actually PURCHASED my instrument so I want as much feedback and help as possible.



Answer
go to a music store and try a bunch out. buy the one that feels and sounds the best to you in your price range. there are lots of good brands of guitars i just depends on what is the best fit for you. Everyone has their personal favorite.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I am looking for a new acoustic guitar, advise?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment