Saturday, November 23, 2013

What's a good acoustic guitar to buy?

best acoustic guitar 800 dollars
 on Best Kids Acoustic Guitar | Best Kids Stuff
best acoustic guitar 800 dollars image



Sam


I have around 500-800 dollars to spend on a new acoustic guitar. I was looking at some of Carvins guitars and also browsed around guitar center and saw a few I liked. But as far as quality and sound is there anything that sounds amazing and is nicely crafted. The lower the price usually the better. Thanks guys!


Answer
Well you have a good budget , to start with as you'll be able to get a pretty decent one. Taylor guitars are probably some of the best out there, and you make be able to buy one of their cheaper guitars with that sort of budget, the good part is you know it will be made to a high standard. Fender guitars are also really good and these start from a much lower price range. Takamine guitars are aslo pretty good and I know they start fairly low. Yamaha are alright, but they're not the best, but then out does come down to what you feel like is the best.

Those are the brands I can think of off my head but I'm sure there are more. As I said though the best guitar for you is the one that feels and sounds the best to you, so you will be comfortable playing it. Just go to other shops in your area to see what they have and play on those guitars too. I went to four shops looking for a guitar before I found one I even remotely liked... (I have a fender electro acoustic now :) )

What should i look for in an acoustic guitar?




LoG


I want to get an acoustic guitar and i dont know anything about them. I dont know what to look for or what makes one good. I want a decent one around 300-600 dollars. What are some brands and what are some things i should ask about at the store?


Answer
I have been playing acoustic guitar for 40 years and have played a lot of the different brands. My favorite I have had for 36 of those years and is a Guild. It gets better with time and I get many compliments on it's sound. That said, I have some other favorites that are in your price range but first you should know what you are getting into.
1. It is a wonderful thing to play guitar but you will experience some pain as you develop the callouses on your finger tips. It takes about 2 months of playing everyday for 30 minutes but it is well worth it.
2. You want the strings to be as close to the fretboard (neck) as possible. To test the guitar for quality, press the string to the fretboard just to the left (if you are right handed) of the fret(metal strip on the neck) for each string and each fret. Make sure it does not buzz and gives a clear sound. Most will be okay but check anyway. I have found some top quality instruments have a buzz on one fret and of course it will always be the fret you need to play your favorite song.
3. Listen to the sound and find one that you like. Same manufacturers, same models, do not sound alike. Ask me how I know.
4. Some good brands I like are Taylor, Alvarez, Takamine, Martin. If you are willing to spend $500 - $800 you should be able to find an excellent guitar. The tones range from bassey to bright tones. The nylon stringed guitars do not work well unless you are playing classical, blues type music.
5. The type of strings also will give different sounds. I like the D'Addario strings for my Guild. Use a light gauge as they are easiest to play. They also break easier. I once played at an October hayride and forgot I had light gauges on. As it was pretty cool weather I broke everyone of the six strings and replaced them with a medium gauge.
6. Acoustic is harder to play than an electric. Different stings, doesn't require as much pressure. Often times one cannot play the electric if he has played an acoustic because techniques are totally different. If you play by yourself acoustic is definitely the way to go. Of course my opinion is biased.
7. Find a good teacher and it will make life easier on you. Nuff said. I don't read music. I hear it and I play it. It just takes me longer sometimes. I wish I had had a good teacher.
8. Be committed and disciplined and the rewards will be great.

Enjoy.
ILoveMyGuitar




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What's a good acoustic guitar to buy?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment