Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What is a good acoustic guitar for a beginner?

best acoustic guitar 500 or less
 on ... Masterbilt Acoustic Guitar W/hard Case | Epiphone Acoustic Guitars
best acoustic guitar 500 or less image



Charles


I am trying to learn guitar for the first time (I took piano lessons for a little while, but I didn't get very far for various reasons). I want a beginner guitar, but I plan to spend a lot of time practicing and I want to keep it for at least a couple of years and I want to be able to play with my friends. So, in other words, I want a decent guitar for learning and for playing with other people for fun.

I'd like to spend $500 or less ideally. So what is the best guitar brand for this and what is the best model? Also, where should I go to buy it?

Thanks!!



Answer
Go on craigslist to find a good deal.

If you're really looking into guitars, it would be good to get a decent used Takamine, Lag, (possibly) Ibanez, or whatever.

Avoid getting some guitars that are retailed at around ~$100-$200 range, they are marketed as beginner or entry level guitars, but you will definitely see a difference in spending another hundred or so.

Just like most things in the world, with guitars, you get what you pay for.
A good guitar is not only an instrument but an investment.

What is the best acoustc guitar to get for 300 or less?




graphicstu


I'm wanting to get an acoustic guitar to learn on. What is the best i can get for 300. How much do the acoustic guitars cost that you can plug an amp into.


Answer
For $300 or less you should be able to get a guitar with a solid spruce top. That will make a great difference in sound from a cheaper guitar with a laminate top. The back and sides on a guitar in that price range will most likely still be laminate but the solid wood top makes the biggest difference. Make sure it specifically says "solid" not just "spruce top", or "select spruce top". My favorite brands in that price range range would be Yamaha, Takamine, or Walden. If you can find a decent used Taylor 110 or Seagull in that price range it would be a great buy as well (they're closer to $500 new though). Don't spend a lot of extra money getting one with a cutaway or electronics if you're just learning. You really don't need to plug into an amp at this point and you'll spend an extra $100 or so getting a guitar with a cutaway and electronics over a similar quality simple acoustic guitar. Spend your $300 on a plain acoustic guitar that plays and sounds nice. If you get good and want to plug in later you can add a pickup or upgrade your guitar at that point.

Just a correction to the guy above, you can plug an acoustic electric guitar into a normal electric guitar amplifier and it will work just fine, but you will not get nearly as nice a tone as with an acoustic guitar amplifier. I have a $60 Raven electric guitar amp that I use at home all the time to practice with and it sounds OK, but my guitar really sounds great when I plug it into my Crate Acoustic amplifier I keep over at the church. But again, you're wasting money on electronics if you don't know how to play yet, and the best you can get for $300 will be a good quality acoustic guitar without the electronics.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good acoustic guitar for a beginner?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment