Thursday, August 29, 2013

Looking for a low priced acoustic guitar?

best acoustic guitar 100
 on Acoustic Guitar Pickups & Preamps | Guitar Center
best acoustic guitar 100 image



Josh


I am looking for a large dreadnought-style acoustic guitar to buy for $100- $150. I'm currently looking at an Epiphone PR-150 (It's on sale at a Guitar Center near me for $100). My cousin has an Epiphone acoustic that I've played and I loved it. The sound was just what I was looking for, it was soft and strong, unlike my current Fender F-200. So, should I get this model or is there another that I should look into first?


Answer
I suggest looking at Takamine Jasmine series. You will find them on ebay at a good price. This is an excellent guitar with a beautiful finish, great tone, and a nice fingerboard.

Epiphone is also a great guitar which you can also find on ebay. Personally, I would go for Takamine for the same money.

Check on this link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Takamine-G-Series-G340SC-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Guitar-/390568419707?pt=Guitar&hash=item5aefb1217b

.

I want to start playing guitar again, but to be honest...?




FallenFoot


I never understood what was a good guitar or what wasn't a good guitar. Don't give me crap! I learned when I was really young, and my guitar teacher and the people and the music shop would show me some guitars that were considered a good brand, and let me try out a few and what not.

Well I'm 19 now, and I've been thinking about playing guitar again. I can't get an electric guitar with an amp because there is really no room in my dorm at this point. I live in a 4 bedroom apartment on campus and although I'm sure I could make some extra room to place things, I'd prefer to get an acoustic seeing that it doesn't usually require an amp.

My first problem is that I don't understand brands. I think my electric guitar a Schecter, my acoustic was an Alvarez, and my first guitar was a decent Yamaha to just learn. I just look at a guitar, pick it up and try and test it out a bit. I try out all the others and whichever I feel the most comfortable playing is the one I like. So, how can I understand and know what makes a good guitar? Do brands really have some kind of "prestigious status" over other brands?

I also feel kind of shy going into a music store. I don't know why! I just don't want to go in there and the store associates look at me funny. I don't know anything about the actual guitars, but I know how to play a good amount of chords and basic scales. Is it okay if I ask a store associate to help me choose a guitar and what he would recommend and what not?

Any other tips would be great. I'm not on a too strict of a budget actually. I can afford anything that is within a decent range. However, I do understand that its more quality instead of quantity that counts. I considered just picking one up at a pawn shop seeing I've seen the same brand of my acoustic guitars for $100 and figured it would allow me to at least do basic things.

Help please!
Sorry if these are dumb questions.

My main questions are how to shop for a guitar? And is it okay to ask a store associate for help (even though I feel like I should know what I'm doing by now).



Answer
Brands don't mean as much as people think they do.

The brands you had before were decent ones, I actually like Schecter's electric guitars a lot. Alvarez isn't a bad brand, and a lot of people recommend Yamaha for acoustic starter guitars.

Your approach to guitar buying is a good one, and the one I endorse most often. Just go play every guitar that is within your budget and buy the one that feels and sounds the best to YOU. And that's actually what makes a good guitar too: Being comfortable for the person playing it, and sounding good to their ears. It does not matter what anyone else has to say about that guitar, they aren't the ones playing it.

"Prestigious status" of guitars over other brands is usually more a result of hype than an actual difference in quality. Gibson charges $4,700 for a Les Paul Custom, but companies like Caparison and Mayones make guitars just as good or better, and frequently for less money. Gibson is charging at least $1,000 of that price tag for the word "Gibson" on the headstock.

Gibson and Fender got the reputation they did as being "The Best" from the simple fact that, when the electric guitar was first publicly marketed, they were the only choices available. It's different now. Schecter, Ibanez, Jackson, ESP, and a slew of other companies make guitars every bit as good as a Gibson or Fender in the same price range. As the price gets higher, chances are the smaller companies (like Mayones and Caparison) will start outshining the big names in quality while being somewhat less expensive.

As far as what to ask the sales associate at the music store. Simply give him a budget to work with, and ask him to show you where to find every guitar that falls within that budget. You are capable of playing them and deciding what you do and don't like on your own. Do so. It's YOUR guitar, not the salesman's.

Don't let him push a particular guitar on you if you don't like it, because salesmen at music stores often work on commission. It is not uncommon to hear them say "I know it's a little more than you want to spend, but this guitar is MUCH better than the one you're holding now." or something similar. He wants to sell you the most expensive thing he can, because he makes more money that way. It isn't always a better guitar, just more expensive.

Pawn shop guitars are risky. You might find a gem, or you might be buying someone else's problem Pawn shop staff are seldom very knowledgeable about guitars and will simply price things according to the blue book value without taking missing parts or damage into account.

Shopping for a guitar is really as simple as knowing how much you can spend on one, and going out and finding one you like. When you're at a music store playing guitars, the one you keep going back to is the one to buy, regardless of what brand it is.

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Looking for a low priced acoustic guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment