Monday, September 16, 2013

Good, cheap acoustic guitar?

best acoustic guitars under 3000
 on CHASE GUITAR ACOUSTIC SOLID SPRUCE EARTHFIRE GA3000S | eBay
best acoustic guitars under 3000 image



Lindsay P


I've played guitar for about 4 years, but I'm not too familiar with acoustic models. What are the better, cheaper brands? (and by cheap I mean in the $200-$300 price range) I plan on playing my acoustic a lot, I just don't know what I should be looking for. Thanks!


Answer
Acoustic guitars as you know require more finger pressure on the strings to produce clear sounding notes and chords than do electric guitars. With that in mind you want the most comfortable instrument to play in your price range. The Wasburn D10 line of guitars were voted best acoustic guitar under $500 by Acoustic Guitar Magazine. You can find them in the $250-$300 price range. You may also try to find a used Blueridge guitar on ebay. I feel Blueridge guitars are the best guitar on the market for the price. Look for models BR_40,BR-60,BR70,and you may find a used one in great condition in your price range. If you can save up look for the Blueridge models BR140,BR160,BR180. These guitars are all solid wood,will last a lifetime, and play as well as any $3000 guitar on the market. Good Luck!

Is the "Applause" guitar by Ovation a good guitar?

Q. I'm an intermediate level player and am currently using a $150 dollar Fender acoustic guitar. Would the applause be a good upgrade, or should I look elsewhere? I''m trying to get a decent guitar for under $350.


Answer
I disagree. Yes they are a good guitar, however I wouldn't purchase one because they are made in China/Indonesia. And for about the same price, you can find a real USA-made Ovation used-- I bought a Glen Campbell Legend a few years ago fof $450 -it's fantastic for the price. It has a solid spruce top on the Ovation composite "bowl" - and very good electronics. It sounds great both as an acoustic and as an acoustic-electric.

As far as playability - that totally depends how they're set up. My Ovation has an action that is almost as low/fast as my electric solid-body guitars. It is very comfortable to sit with and stand with. It was professionally set up however.

You can't compare these to a $3000 Martin or Taylor, but if you're going to play gigs - I want something that's bulletproof, and that's the huge advantage to the Ovation design. You can bang them around and not hurt them. I wouldn't take a $3000 Taylor into a bar.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Good, cheap acoustic guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment