Monday, September 16, 2013

what kind of acoustic guitar is good to buy for a beginner?

best 000 acoustic guitars
 on Movie Posters at AllPosters.com. Choose from over 500000 Posters and ...
best 000 acoustic guitars image






I want to buy my brother an acoustic guitar because he wants to learn how to play. I have two in mund but dont know if there good for a beginner or not. Any help is greatly appreciated.


Answer
I'd recommend a Martin 000-16GT or a Taylor 214c. These are great acoustic guitars that are fine for learning and also good enough that he could use them for years and years.

Which style acoustic guitar is best for fingerpicking?




A


I have really been getting in to fingerpicking lately. I have played for YEARS using a pick and this style is so different and fun. I have been listening to the Tallest Man on Earth and Sungha Jung a lot lately. Both are AMAZING guitarists.

My question, what style acoustic guitar is best for fingerpicking? I don't have much to spend on an acoustic right now (maybe $250) but was curious if you have a suggestion as to what guitar or what body style acoustic guitar etc.

Thanks in advance!



Answer
Most fingerstyle guitarists use an OM/000 or auditorium size acoustic. For example, my Martin OM-45 is an ideal fingerstyle guitar although it's way out of your price range. Fingerstyle guitarists are looking for a 1 3/4" nut since the added fretboard width helps with their playing style. There are some less expensive OM styles made by Eastman and others.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what kind of acoustic guitar is good to buy for a beginner?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment