Thursday, September 19, 2013

What size acoustic guitar should I get?

best acoustic guitar 600
 on Cool android guitar application: LickJungle - Shred Guitar Mastering ...
best acoustic guitar 600 image



Lauren


Wanted to play acoustic guitar for a long while and I've finally decided to buy one but don't know what size I should get, I'm a 5''6 girl. Also if anyone knows any decent places to get then from that are cheap that would be helpful aswell.


Answer
Size, sometimes matters. But only the body (style) of the guitar. As there are smaller body styles that some players will be comfortable with.

Anyones' height is not relevant, or size, or weight, or even hands, or arms, or fingers.

As they all can be compensated through a variety of playing methods.

And, get to a real music store or GC that has a variety of guitar in stock, and try them out. Take someone with you who is already a player to help in making a decision.

Cheap is as cheap does. And inexpensive guitars can come across well for many beginners. No such thing as a beginner guitar, but there are some even good, well made and fair sounding instruments to choose from.

Expect to pay $125 - $400 for your first guitar. Really. Especially looking for one with a 'solid' top and not a laminate veneer. But with some brands, they (plywood layer tops) can come across well too and provide an instrument that will last several years.

Look for: Alvarez; Art & Lutherie; Cort; Dean; Epiphone; Ibanez; Jasmine; Johnson; Norman; Samick; Seagull; Walden; Washburn and Yamaha.

Saying, better guitars are around $600 - $1000.

Stay away from 'package' deals or those that come in a box, on display.

How do I choose the right electric-acoustic guitar?




Lucas


I'm going to buy an electric-acoustic guitar in the coming weeks, but I really don't know how to judge them. I feel I've made good choices with my other guitars (acoustic and electric), but I haven't had much experience with the hybrid. Do I hold them to the same standards of feel and sound as an acoustic? Should an electric-acoustic sound just as good unplugged as an acoustic does? Should I go for a straight pickup system, or a mic-and-pickup?

Any answers at all would be very appreciated.



Answer
It depends - are you going to use it mainly plugged in or acoustic? If you already have a good acoustic then it's plugged in sound is the most important, right? Takamine makes some laminate top guitars with their premium pick-up system (Nt4, I think) - they sound weak acoustically but sound perfect plugged in. If you want the best of both worlds, try the Alvarez Artist Series - you get a choice of body styles and woods and a great pick-up system (Sys 600). You can plug a mic into the system. Going up the $$$ scale, Taylor's expression system sounds great, as does the Fishman Aura system that Martin uses on some guitars. I would avoid the standard systems on Epiphones and Ibanez etc - they sound too electric. Make sure you try them out with the type of amplifier or PA you are going to use - it makes a big difference, some pick-up systems have an "exciter" to make guitar amps sound more acoustic.
In a band situation, mic systems always seem to feed back - I would use one only if you play solo - or maybe a duo with low volume monitors. Good Luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What size acoustic guitar should I get?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment