Saturday, September 21, 2013

What is a good beginner guitar to buy for $100-$200 budget?

best acoustic guitar for beginners with small hands
 on persian portuguese russian spanish guitar money fingers guitar money ...
best acoustic guitar for beginners with small hands image



Trystin


I would like to start back up my hobby playing the acoustic guitar...
However I don't know what's a good brand to get?
I've been looking online everywhere, reading reviews, and my understanding of the terminology has weakened.

I'm a fairly small person; 5ft 1in, so I have short arms, fingers, and small hands (I have even compared my hands to 3rd graders...Theirs were still bigger, haha).
I was thinking of going for a 38" guitar.
Does this mean the frets are closer to each other? Because I think I had a 41" and I could barely reach certain chords without placing my arm, hand and fingers in such an awkward position.

I'm just looking for a decent guitar, good resonance, and wont need constant tuning.
Looking for any kind of advice and brand suggestions :) Thanks!



Answer
Total length measurements like 38" or 41" are something you only see in ad copy for low-quality bargain-basement guitars. They are best regarded as a sign that you're looking in the wrong place.

The way real guitars are categorized is by the scale length (the length of the part of the string that vibrates, in other words the distance from the nut to the saddle) and the body size. A full size guitar is one with a scale length of 24.5 - 25.5". This would be the most appropriate for you. Shorter scale lengths (3/4 and 1/2 size guitars) are made for young children and are usually of low quality.

Body size does not vary much on classical guitars and is fairly small (you didn't say whether you wanted a classical or a steel-string. Both are acoustic, meaning not electric). Steel-string guitars have a range of body sizes and patterns, which often differ in their names and exact dimensions among different manufacturers. Other than avoiding sizes that are actually uncomfortable, you should select the body style by how it sounds, not by how big you are. You would probably not like the large "dreadnought" size, which is the commonest in most stores, but there are certainly other options available. Visit a reputable guitar store and ask to look at small-bodied guitars. Asking for "parlor guitars" may also be productive. If your hands are small, you may also wish to play special attention to the neck width and thickness of the guitars you try out. Steel-string guitars have much narrower necks than classicals do.

In your price range, Jasmine, Epiphone, and Yamaha are good options. Ibanez might also be a good choice as they have a reputation for slim necks.

How to I keep the strings from buzzing when I play chords?




Veronica B


I need help from someone who knows quite a bit about guitars. I'm a beginner and I play the acoustic guitar. I have small hands and a full size guitar. When I press down on the frets, the strings tend to get buzzy and muffled. I need help to figure out how to play the chords smoothly and make a transition!


Answer
Any number of factors could be at play here. However, assuming your guitar is a good one, with a true neck, easy action, correct string height and smooth, well-placed frets, and that the neck is not too wide for you (or too narrow), the problem probably lies in how you're positioning your hands and fingers when you attempt to play the offending chords.

One thing I always stress with people (especially kids) I teach is to use their whole arm to form chords. If you stay loose at the shoulder, elbow, wrist AND fingers, forming chords is much easier. For instance, if a chord feels hard to make because your fingers are coming at it from the side and are muting other strings, try rocking your elbow forward so your fingers are coming down more of top of the strings. Don't try to work from a rigid hand, stay loose. Try variations on this theme to see if it might help.

Often chords are sloppy when you're first learning them. Sound each note of the chord to make sure it's resonating clearly. If it's muffled, adjust your hand (or other body part) accordingly to correct the situation. Once you get the hang of the chord form, it'll come easier and will sound like it's supposed to sound. I know you've heard it before but patience and practice are the only keys to progress. Keep at it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good beginner guitar to buy for $100-$200 budget?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment