Saturday, September 21, 2013

Help, Syd Aus people! im buying a new guitar?

cheap acoustic guitars sydney
 on vintage acoustic guitar 297511304979296441 Vintage Ibanez Sg Guitar
cheap acoustic guitars sydney image



TheJobless


ive been playing guitar for a bit over a year now, and have been brought up on a classical guitar. Im looking to buy an electric acoustic. what things should i consider when im going to buy it?

for example:
Whats a good brand?
Good features?

My budget is about $500 au.
If you can find websites, it would be awesome, but i would be great if they were australian =]

Thanks Heaps.
I think the Australian dollar is just a bit less than the American, like its 94c or something along those lines.



Answer
Not from Syd Aus, but I'd love to come and visit to see that reef. Not sure how far you'll get with $500 au, but here's something to take a looks see. I think his guitar is around $2,500, or is it half that, I forget.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-o2XKFfTMH0

http://youtube.com/user/AntoineDufour

If you don't know already, you'll want to make sure you get a solid top, perhaps spruce.

I think most steel string acoustics have a 14th fret neck/body joint, as opposed to the 12th fret neck/body joint. Or are they also on the 12th fret? I forget.

You might want to consider a cutaway. I love having a cutaway because it helps me reach much further without killing me, although, I noticed quite the difference between my cutaway classical and the old regular one. It's hard to hear, but the old one resonated the high pitched strings much much better.

There's different body shapes to consider as well, like the dreadnaught. I think most country people like the dreadnaught. If I remember correctly, it was quite comfortable on my lap, as opposed to the more rounded bout guitars. I don't know what else to think of the different shapes, except that some are JUMBO and some are smaller, but look into how it might affect the sound and feel.

There's a few different types of pick-ups to consider. I think one goes on the bridge itself, another clips into the soundhole (tis the more common one), another covers the soundhole completely, and of course, there can be little mic(s) installed somewhere in the body.

Yup, lots to consider. Sorry I can't actually explain all the differences.

You might want to consider having pins for a strap installed. Also, having the action lowered, then again, that's a matter of preference. That alone can cost you from $75 - $100. I did it myself on my cheap 7/8th scale classical (Yamaha CS40), but of course, I kind of messed up the intonation. You know what that is, right? Do you want a full size guitar? Also, a case, as opposed to a gigbag, can cost about $100. No?


Looks like this is located in Sydney.
http://www.guitarfactory.net/Australian_Made/Australian_Made_Guitars.htm

Perhaps they can guide you along.


Another link that appears to be in Australia...
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Marquez-Music

Oh boy, what's this? pdf...
http://www.library.unsw.edu.au/~thesis/adt-NUN/uploads/approved/adt-NUN20070906.124717/public/01front.pdf

Oh, you did mean steel string, right?

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Marquez-Music_W0QQfrsrcZ1QQfsubZ5471256QQtZkm

CHECK THIS ONE OUT... Voted #1 best acoustic guitar under $500...
http://www.guitarfactory.net/Guitars_Acoustic/Washburn.htm

Although, $400 is still too much when you consider how much you might spend on a pick-up, case, lowering of action, extra strings, capo, strap, etc... Call them up and beg, I bet you can get all that, well, except the case. lol

No, but really, I think this selection might be more within the budget...

http://www.guitarfactory.net/Guitars_Acoustic/Cort_acoustic.htm

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, well, it was fun shopping with you. hahahah




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Help, Syd Aus people! im buying a new guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment