Sunday, December 29, 2013

FL Studio? How do you use acoustic and electric guitars?

best acoustic guitar vst
 on VST/AU plug-in instrument/effect round-up: Week 33 | Mac attack ...
best acoustic guitar vst image



AJ


How do you use acoustic and electric guitars in FL Studio 10? i add the sound i want to the channels but it sounds like a piano, does it need a plugin or something? i use "boobass" to add bass but when it comes to guitar i just can't.


Answer
Use a VST called FL Slayer. It sounds cheesy, but what can you expect.

Acoustic guitar recording help?




Mr Perfect


I'm trying to record a song with my acoustic guitar and I have the mic and everything ready. But when I play back my recording, it sounds out of high pitched and not what it would sound like in real life. Is there any kind of software that I could use on the recording to make it sound more realistic?


Answer
Acoustic guitars are not an easy thing to record successfully. When I'm engineering a session with an acoustic guitar, I'll usually use 2 or 3 mics.

At a bare minimum, you'll need one good condenser mic. You'll want to point this at the strings about where the neck joins the body positioned about 6" from the guitar. Try recording a bit, and see how it sound. Moving the mic just a few inches can make a huge difference on the sound. Move it closer to the bridge for more treble, and further away for more bass.

When I use multiple mics, I'll also put a ribbon mic about 6" from the body, and then another condenser right over where the guitarist is picking to get some of the pick attack.

You didn't say what you're recording software is. If it allows you to use VST or Waves plug-ins, the try adding compression. Use a moderate attack and release, and about 4:1 ratio. That will tend to bring out more of the "body" of the guitar as well as smooth out the volume.

Good luck.

Greetings from Austin,TX
Ken




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: FL Studio? How do you use acoustic and electric guitars?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment