Saturday, January 4, 2014

Help on guitar amp settings?

easy acoustic guitar songs for beginners kids
 on chords songsget the guitar chords for any song kwuliks6 FO 105 Easy ...
easy acoustic guitar songs for beginners kids image



Rendell


I bought my first guitar amp yesterday at a local music shop. It's a Stagg 20 GA R amp with built in overdrive effect I bought for $100. I must say, I'm kinda impress with the clean tone but I can't seem to get a decent distortion effect. I would like to know how to set this amp to get some decent rock tone for practice. I would also like to ask if a distortion pedal would sound better than the built in overdrive? Cause if is then I'm planning to buy a pedal one's I improve my play.
My electric guitar is a Squier Bullet Strat btw....
What about the equalizers,reverb??do they help create a decent distortion tone?



Answer
Some amp's built in overdrive is not as much as most of the young kids want these days. It will not give you a "metal" distortion, no matter how hard you try.
It's the same with the Fender Frontman that comes with Squier Starter packs. the distortion is OK for 60's -70's rock, but not good for 80's metal and beyond. Of course, we really don't see Stagg much here in the U.S. ,so I don't have any reference points to go by for their products, though I know they are very prevalent in the UK and have a decent reputation for budget copy guitars.

But I took a look at a picture of the front panel of your amp..
Tommy Mc is right Crank the "gain" on the overdrive channel all the way to 10. Bass to 10, treble to 8, mid to about 6. (not sure what "pure Mid" (i think that's what it says) is so you'll have to play with that yourself put it at 5 to start.)
I've never been much of a reverb fan, so leave that at 2-3 maybe. or off.

Use your bridge pickup for most rhythm metal/distorted riffs. (BTW , the tone controls on the guitar don't do anything on the bridge pickup, those are for the middle and neck)

If you are completely new at guitar, distortion is not important. You should learn the basics first using the clean channel.
You can use the 2nd or 4th position on the pickup selector to get an interesting tone that mimics an acoustic fairly well.

Here's a good site to start with:
http://all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php
Lots of guitar info and lessons too on that site.

Here's a beginner site with lots of easy songs to start to learn:
http://www.guitarguitar.net/guitar-song-book.shtml

Don't worry about playing leads or anything for at least 6 months. you'll find it easier to try once you have some time under your belt. If you try now it'll just piss you off.

What's an easy song to learn quickly on the guitar?




Melanie


Okay, I want to play a song for my crush for Christmas. Any easy chords or tabs? I'm a semi-beginner


Answer
well the easiest songs I know how to play are

All summer long: kid rock
its literally
[D | Cadd9 | G | G ] the whole way through

and Face Down (acoustic): The red jumpsuit apparatus
[Em7 | Cadd9 | G | D ] the whole way through




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Help on guitar amp settings?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment