Thursday, December 26, 2013

Rock & Pop: What's the best way to get an 'acoustic' tone out of a Stratocaster?

best acoustic guitar reverb pedal
 on ... top seller of thailand yamahas band instruments agency, leader of
best acoustic guitar reverb pedal image



DWT (


I have a Stratocaster with an HSS pickup configuration (it has a humbucker in the bridge, instead of a third single coil) and I'm planning on doing a cover of a song that was recorded with an acoustic guitar. Since I don't have one (yet) I'd like to know which pickup is the best for an acoustic-esque tone, and any other tips you may have.

By the way, I'm not going to buy an acoustic emulator (or whatever they're called) pedal. I've heard demos of them on YouTube and they're not convincing at all.



Answer
Hello there,

I do agree with you that the acoustic simulator pedals do not bring the sound close to a true acoustic tone. And that is the best thing you can use to get as close to an acoustic tone. You just don't get an electric to sound like an acoustic. So plan your cover to have a nice sound that you like, but not a true acoustic sound.

The acoustic has a very clean sound, Usually very full and rich. Lets use that as the target sound. You know the bridge position pickup gives a brittle sound, so do not use it. Use the neck or probably better the neck and mid together. Single coils have greater clarity than humbuckers so they should be better choice. On your amp, cut the gain or drive. zero distortion. We are looking for as clean a tone as your amp can produce. Distortion, overdrive or other tone altering effects should be off. Time based effects can be used. A slight reverb, maybe 2 - 3 on the knob, should add a little depth to the sound.

Different sets of pickups sound different and respond to different amps differently. I am not telling you anything you do not already know. The point is I cannot give you the EQ setting.. You will have to tweak the EQ (treble, mid and bass) to get a full mellow tone that is not too bright.

In the end, you will not sound like an acoustic guitar, but you may capture the essence of the acoustic tone by getting a clean rich tone on your rig.

Later,

What order should I put my guitar pedals in?




Steven


Here are the pedals I have:
BOSS FV-500H (volume)
BOSS TU-3 (tuner)
BOSS RV-5 (reverb)
BOSS DD-7 (digital delay)
BOSS RC-2 (loop)
TC Helicon H1 (harmonizer for voice) > my guitar must run through it to estimate harmonies

I play an acoustic/electric. Also, should I run through a DI box before the PA?



Answer
Definitely put the TC Helicon H1 first. This pedal works best if the signal from the guitar is clean.

Last, you will want the loop pedal. If you put it before any of the other effects pedals, you will not be able to loop your signal with those effects.

All other pedals can be put in any order you desire and you will get the same results.

I don't see why you would need a DI box at all. That's for recording.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Rock & Pop: What's the best way to get an 'acoustic' tone out of a Stratocaster?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment