Wednesday, December 25, 2013

How do I choose the right electric-acoustic guitar?

best acoustic guitars of the world
 on Acoustic Guitar
best acoustic guitars of the world image



Lucas


I'm going to buy an electric-acoustic guitar in the coming weeks, but I really don't know how to judge them. I feel I've made good choices with my other guitars (acoustic and electric), but I haven't had much experience with the hybrid. Do I hold them to the same standards of feel and sound as an acoustic? Should an electric-acoustic sound just as good unplugged as an acoustic does? Should I go for a straight pickup system, or a mic-and-pickup?

Any answers at all would be very appreciated.



Answer
It depends - are you going to use it mainly plugged in or acoustic? If you already have a good acoustic then it's plugged in sound is the most important, right? Takamine makes some laminate top guitars with their premium pick-up system (Nt4, I think) - they sound weak acoustically but sound perfect plugged in. If you want the best of both worlds, try the Alvarez Artist Series - you get a choice of body styles and woods and a great pick-up system (Sys 600). You can plug a mic into the system. Going up the $$$ scale, Taylor's expression system sounds great, as does the Fishman Aura system that Martin uses on some guitars. I would avoid the standard systems on Epiphones and Ibanez etc - they sound too electric. Make sure you try them out with the type of amplifier or PA you are going to use - it makes a big difference, some pick-up systems have an "exciter" to make guitar amps sound more acoustic.
In a band situation, mic systems always seem to feed back - I would use one only if you play solo - or maybe a duo with low volume monitors. Good Luck

How hard is it to learn acoustic guitar?




James


Im thinking about getting a acoustic guitar, also what is the best brand, how long would it take to learn enough to play decently.
Then also if i took lessons or not.



Answer
It's hard. If it were easy then everybody would do it. But it has been the most rewarding thing I've ever done next to raising my children. And I've raised both of them as musicians. How fast you'll learn depends on you and how good your guitar teacher is. I'm a guitar instructor and most of my students can be playing songs after 4 to 6 lessons and be competent players in a year or so. The best guitar is the one you feel the most comfortable with. The best brands are Gibson, Taylor, Martin, Epiphone Masterbilt, Washburn. These are also some of the most expensive brands. You get what you pay for in the guitar world. But there are many less expensive ones on the market for the beginning player. Good luck and hope you stay with it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I choose the right electric-acoustic guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment