Saturday, December 28, 2013

What's a good beginner acoustic guitar?

best acoustic guitars budget
 on Selecting the Best Strings for Acoustic Guitar
best acoustic guitars budget image



Sara


I always played my friend's guitar and need to buy my own one.
What are some good suggestions on low-end acoustic guitars, as I am on a semi-budget.

Thanks for any help!



Answer
I second finding a good music store, preferably one that gives lessons and has a good, helpful staff. They should be able to help. I would caution against buying used, especially on Craigslist, until you've played for a bit and have some idea how to evaluate the condition of a guitar, especially an acoustic. You'll also want to have one set up properly so it plays nicely and stays in tune. Again, a shop with a good luthier on staff will help greatly.

As for specific brand recommendations, there are many great guitars. If you can swing something in the $350-$400 range new, a Seagull, Simon & Patrick or Art & Lutherie (all made by the same company in Canada) are great choices, as is the Taylor Big Baby, If you are looking to spend less, both Alvarez and Yamaha make some very nice, low cost acoustics.

What would be a good acoustic guitar to buy for...?




mean_dm


I've played electric guitar for almost a year now, and I want to try out an acoustic guitar, I don't want a starter pack thing, most of the guitars I've seen come from those are pretty crappy, all of the electric guitars that is...

So what's a decent low-budget acoustic guitar to buy?



Answer
The best acoustic guitar for the money, ( in my professional opinion) is a Samick. The Greg Bennett series are great. They are comparable to many guitars costing 2 to 3 as much. The average price of an acoustic-electric is $350 to $400. They set up good right out of the box, or "off the music store wall" as it were. I own 2 of them and recommend them to my students who play acoustic.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What's a good beginner acoustic guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment