Monday, January 20, 2014

What brand of acoustic guitar would you suggest I should buy?

best cheap acoustic guitars
 on ... -Electric-Acoustic-Guitar-Flame-Maple-Top-Robin-Zander-Cheap-Trick
best cheap acoustic guitars image



Ted


I'm an intermediate player and I have a cheap acoustic guitar and a fender strat and I may buy a new acoustic guitar in the future. I don't really need anything fancy, I just want to know which kind suits best for an intermediate player. I want something with sort of a bright tone and that is high quality. My thoughts are ibanez, fender, taylor, and gibson guitars but I want somebody's expert opinion


Answer
Of the ones you listed, only Taylor bears consideration. Fender acoustic guitars are awful; Ibanez are better but not nearly in a class with Taylor. Gibson charges an obscene amount of money for really mediocre acoustic guitars.

Right now the best bargains to be had in intermediate acoustic guitars are Eastman guitars. They're a little hard to find but their web site has a dealer locator.

If you can spend more, get a McPherson, Goodall, Santa Cruz, or Froggy Bottom.

Is it advisable to change my acoustic guitar's heavy gauge strings straight to light ones?




Clive


I've just acquired a cheap acoustic guitar. It has heavy strings on it (13s, I believe), but I wanna put 10s on it. The action is fairly high. Will this cause any problems?


Answer
It should not cause any problems and if anything it will solve problems. Most acoustic guitars are not braced for heavy gauge strings. However it's not a guarantee than the action will improve as a result. If it's still too high then take your guitar to a good tech for adjustment.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What brand of acoustic guitar would you suggest I should buy?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment