Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Will a First Act guitar sell at a flea market?

cheap gibson acoustic guitars for sale
 on ... Acoustic Guitar By Gibson W/ Box | Epiphone Acoustic Guitars
cheap gibson acoustic guitars for sale image



Turtlefenc


I'm going to the flea market soon to make extra cash for a Telecaster kit I'm saving up for. Will anyone buy a used First Act MG521 Acoustic Guitar at a flea market? I know First Act is junk, but I was figuring if I included a strap and some picks to sweeten the deal, maybe I could get $20 or $25 for it. Is that an unreasonable to think someone will buy it, and for that amount of money?


Answer
I have Ibanez, Gibson, Schecter, and Martin, and I was surprised that my very first guitar, a First Act guitar, sounds as good as the Martin I spent nearly a thousand dollars to buy.

Some First Act guitars are junk, I've seen others that were better than the Gibson and Epiphone that cost a hundred dollars more. Take it into a Guitar shop and let them strum it and see what they think it works. Adding a strap and picks isn't going to sweeten the deal, new strings might be better.

I've puchased guitars at yard sales and flea markets for pennies on the dollar and resold them at a profit after I cleaned them up and put new strings on them, tuned them and let others hear the sweet sound that came from them.
I've also purchased cheap guitars for parts for others, to make my own and mix and match.
I don't think it is unreasonable to expect 20 to 50 depending on the condition of the guitar and if you have it playable.

What is the cheapest good quality guitar?




Jay


I am looking for a guitar under $150 that still is good quality and sound?
sorry, forgot to say an Acoustic guitar :( stupid mee



Answer
You would be surprised the nice quality guitar you can get for $150 (often less!) if you look in the right places. First, skip the music store and the idea of a brand new one. If your local store has a rental dept, see if they will sell rentals. they are often much cheaper then the ones on the wall.

But to really get a great deal, check on Craigslist and your local old fashioned print paper's classifieds under items for sale. Some have a musical instrument section. Also, and this is the best if you can do it, look for estate sales in the paper or auctions. I have found some of the best playing, best sounding, cheapest priced acoustic guitars at these places. These people usually know nothing about the value and just want to get rid it along with the rest of their stuff.

Final note. The thing about acoustic guitars is that price does not always dictate your love of the instrument. You need to play it. If it's comfortable for you, sounds good to you, then buy it! Don't just head for the most expensive one. I have an old Gibson I found at a yard sale for $15 a few years back. It is the one I play almost everyday at home now. I just love the feel and sound of it! I have another one I bought new (Alvarez) that I gig with. I don't like it but it's got the pick ups in it so I use it. Good Luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Will a First Act guitar sell at a flea market?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment