Monday, January 6, 2014

What strings should I buy for my acoustic guitar?

cheap acoustic guitar strings
 on ... -Light Gauge Coated Acoustic Guitar Strings at Cheap Guitars Shop
cheap acoustic guitar strings image



evh4293


I have a cheap acoustic guitar that I play once in a while but the strings that I have on it are too thick and hurt my fingers. What type of strings would be recommended for playing songs from bands like All time low, the acadey is, fall out boy etc.


Answer
Well, no matter what type of music you play, you will enjoy playing guitar more if you buy light-grade strings. In my opinion, the brand doesn't really make that much of a difference either. Light or extra-light strings are less thick than conventional strings and still make the same sound.

Some people argue that light strings have a small difference in tone, but if you're a beginner you probably won't even notice it.

If you want to get some nice strings, I recommend Light Elixir strings with Polyweb Coating. Elixir is one of the few guitar string companies where I see a noticeable difference in the tone of the guitar. Also, the Polyweb coating makes it easier to slide on the strings without squeaking.

How can i improve the sound of my acoustic guitar?




nikka


I recently abducted this relatively cheap acoustic guitar made by Silvertone. It's an ok guitar i guess, but from time to time the strings get really "buzzy" or "fuzzy". I'm aware that there are many factors for this "fuzzy" sound but should I replace these stock strings? If so, what strings are recommended?


Answer
Pust D'addario Phosphor bronze strings if you want a good acoustic guitari sound. For the buzzing, that may be due to a need for a neck adjustment.
If you hold the first fret down with the index , and the 15th fret with the other hand, there should be a clearance of 1/8th at the 7th fret between fingerboard and strings.

If the string touches the neck, the truss rod needs to be loosen 1/4 turn counter-clockwise. That should solve the problem. Use the allen key that came with the guitar to do that.

If the string is too far or more than 1/8", you would need to turn the key clockwise 1/4 turn. I doubt that this is the problem. If it buzzes, the truss rod is too tight and needs to be loosen.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What strings should I buy for my acoustic guitar?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment