Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I want to play the acoustic guitar, where do I start?

acoustic guitar for beginners video lessons
 on ... and then the Type, these will be displayed on the guitar fretboard
acoustic guitar for beginners video lessons image



Devon


I have always wanted to play acoustic guitar,but I have no idea where to begin. I am 12 in 7th grade if that help. I need advice on what guitar to get, what websites to go to so I can teach myself to play (I can't afford to take lessons). Also, some easy beginner country songs to play when I start out. Thanks in advanced :)


Answer
It may not be the answer you want, but you may be best off getting a First Act acoustic from Toys R Us. They are smaller (for smaller hands) and cheaper than name brand guitars. Once you learn a bit and become more familiar, you can decide if you want to upgrade to a better sounding guitar.

As for a good website, I recommend ultimate-guitar.com, they have an entire section that is all lessons written by users for new and experienced players alike. You should also search youtube for different tutorial videos.

What are some easy, but fun, guitar tabs for the acoustic guitar?

Q. I'm a beginner at the guitar, but I know how to read tabs. Do you know any easy tabs I can play on the acoustic guitar?

Thanks!


Answer
Hey There!
Well to begin with you want to be learning to play small riffs, or the basic chords to a song so you can play along with it.

For example when I began playing I learnt to read tab and then searched all the basic guitar chords (A,B,C,D,E,F,G & Am,Bm,Cm,Dm,Em,Fm,Gm) "m means minor". Once I had learnt these I began playing small songs such as the "james bond" riff.. Or something like (Smoke on the water - deep purple)

All of these tabs can be easily found on the following websites:
www.ultimate-guitar.com
www.guitaretab.com/
www.guitarzone.com/
www.911tabs.com/

PS you may also want to watch some video lessons on YouTube.com.

Hope this helps yah!
Daniel,




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I want to play the acoustic guitar, where do I start?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment