Monday, August 12, 2013

What is the best brand of acoustic guitar for a beginner?

acoustic guitar beginner pack
 on why is acoustic guitar tuning important if your acoustic guitar is not ...
acoustic guitar beginner pack image



Agent 007


I am familiar with music, i've played the piano for 5 years and the clarinet for 4. However, I want to learn the acoustic guitar and I haveno experience in that.

I am looking for a cheapo brand to learn and practice on. Since it 's my first guitar I don't want to spend a lot of money, but at the same time I don't want it to sound like a toy. What brands offer the most value and durability for beginners?

Also, would it be better to take private lessons, or group lessons?
I learned to piano via private lessons, and the clarinet through group lessons in my school. I have to say that I favored the group lessons- since my classmates were there I felt more confident. However some music veterans tell me than private lessons are more focused towards progress. What is your opinion on this?



Answer
Whatever works for you is best. I teach group lessons in middle school and have up to thirty five guitars in a room. I can tell you that the group lessons are definitely geared toward making sure everyone is comfortable with the material before moving on, but I do keep a bunch of enrichment material available for students who want to move ahead.

As far as inexpensive guitars, there are starter packs that come out between the start of school and Christmas, that are usually a pretty good deal. Yamaha, Epiphone, Kona, Ibanez, Fender, and Washburn all put one out. You need to decide whether you want a steel string ($100 - 300) Nylon string ($100 - 200) acoustic electric ($150 - 300, sometimes a little more if it comes with an amp and a tuner) or electric ($150 - 300) You can get an idea of the price from Musician's Friend, Sam Ash, Elderly Instruments, or even Yahoo shopping, then take what you've learned, go down to your local store and actually put your hands on a few. If their prices are about the same as mail order (or if you can convince them to sell it to you for that price since you have the printout in your hand!) buy it right there. Best of luck, hope this helps and give me a shout if you have more questions.

What do you think of this acoustic guitar jam pack?




Angela


My dad is an awesome guitar player and he's teaching me how to play the guitar cause' i wanna learn how to play so I can play acoustic in my worship band at school cause' we lost our acoustic guitar player. Im on a budget so... do you think the**** Ibanez Jam Pack Elite Acoustic Guitar Pack *** is good for a beginner and also to play songs in my chapel worship band?
Well my dad has been playing all his life and im assuming hes older than you and hes had plenty of guitars from most expensive to inexpensive i finally go ahold of him and he said ibanez makes the best inexpensive guitars.



Answer
Sounds like your Dad knows what he's talking about, I'd trust him. For just playing in chapel on Sundays that should do fine for a long while.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best brand of acoustic guitar for a beginner?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment