Tuesday, October 8, 2013

How can i learn to play acoustic blues guitar proficiently?

acoustic guitar blues beginner
 on classical_guitar1.jpg
acoustic guitar blues beginner image



Rohan S


I want to be able to a proficient acoustic blues guitar play, but i don't know where to start. I'm an intermediate musician having played the saxophone for 10 years and i'm about an advanced beginner at the guitar. I want to take my guitar playing in the blues area to another level but i don't know what to practice, what to learn, or how to go about doing any of that. Any suggestions on books, tutorials, or ways of learning acoustic blues guitar would be extremely helpful, thanks


Answer
There is a wealth of help available-dvds, youtube, books w/cd, etc.

Kenny Sultan, a master of acoustic blues. Scroll toward bottom of page for his books. Ordering from him directly will be cheaper.
http://www.bassharp.com/tomball.htm

Here's a taste of his playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBeAddOZU6g

Homespun Tapes has many great players' lessons available
http://www.homespuntapes.com/shop/category.aspx?id=325

Stephan Grossman's Guitar Workshop/Vestapol have most of the greats not with Homespun
http://www.guitarvideos.com/

I really want to play guitar but have trouble getting rhythm?




the instig


I'm a beginner. I know the chords basically and I have an acoustic guitar. I love old-time blues (Leadbelly, Willie McTell, etc) and want to play that. My strumming sounds terrible now, will it improve? How do I strum more consistently? I have trouble keeping a certain rhythm or beat for a long time, i get distracted by thoughts too easily.


Answer
I would highly recommend getting a lesson from a professional, they will teach you correct hand positioning and chords. A metronome could be a good investment because it clicks the beat loudly so you can feel the rhythm and beat past your own thoughts!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can i learn to play acoustic blues guitar proficiently?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment