Tuesday, October 8, 2013

In order for a bass drum trigger to work on my acoustic drum set does it have to be mic'ed?

best acoustic guitar direct box
 on ... -VS Evolution Orchestra Cedar Top Acoustic Guitar - Vintage Sunburst
best acoustic guitar direct box image



Cody


I have been drumming for almost 6 years and I have an acoustic drum set that I am looking to get triggers for. Does my bass drum have to be mic'ed for the trigger to work?


Answer
You're going to need a brain to plug your trigger in, and then an amp to go into (for practice, if you're playing live, it will be plugged into a Direct Box, and then into the soundboard)

The trigger is essentially the mic. It detects the vibration from the hit, and then sends a signal to the brain module which then sends it to the output device (soundboard, amp, etc)

It can prove to be pretty pricey if you use very good triggers and modules from Roland, but I just found out that Guitar Center is selling trigger kits along with a monitor for a pretty decent price. Check that out if you want to get your feet wet with using triggers.

Hope this helped!

I am wanting to start a one man acoustic show. what do do i need to play my guitar live?




Gregg H


Have played electric for years. Don't know anything about direct boxes or whatever. I am ok with vocals as I am just opening for other bands. How do I get my acoustic amplified without the cheesy sound of acoustic amps?


Answer
A good acoutic for one.... Martin, Taylor, Gibson etc.... you can also get away with lower end ones if you get the right strings (i like elixirs). If you dont like the sound of an acoustic/electric run through an amp then just buy a condenser mic (instrument not vocal) and run it through a pa to some speakers. That should amplify it without losing its clarity too much. All the places Ive ever played had their own PAs and speakers so I usually just bring the guitar and mic... some places even let me use their mic so I just bring the guitar and my own lame self lol. So i guess just ask the venues about that.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: In order for a bass drum trigger to work on my acoustic drum set does it have to be mic'ed?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment