Sunday, October 6, 2013

I really want to play guitar but have trouble getting rhythm?

acoustic guitar lessons for beginners chords
 on guitar chords
acoustic guitar lessons for beginners chords image



the instig


I'm a beginner. I know the chords basically and I have an acoustic guitar. I love old-time blues (Leadbelly, Willie McTell, etc) and want to play that. My strumming sounds terrible now, will it improve? How do I strum more consistently? I have trouble keeping a certain rhythm or beat for a long time, i get distracted by thoughts too easily.


Answer
I would highly recommend getting a lesson from a professional, they will teach you correct hand positioning and chords. A metronome could be a good investment because it clicks the beat loudly so you can feel the rhythm and beat past your own thoughts!

How can i learn to play the acoustic guitar at home without using the internet?




WiErD


Those books at stores are too hard to understand and guitar lessons are too expensive. Videos are to hard to understand also.


Answer
The best instructional thing I've ever seen is a three-DVD set that sells for $40, but which contains everything you'd learn from years of private lessons. I bought the electric set (there are both electric and acoustic sets, but the instructor is the same for both) after having played guitar for more than 20 years and can't believe how much I've learned. The lessons start with the very basics, move into chords and scales, teach you to read tablature, and eventually move into complicated solo playing techniques. The lessons are really well arranged so that one builds on the previous own. And the instructor is fantastic. Each DVD has an accompanying book you can use as a reference, though I tend to find the DVDs more than adequate without the books. And the advantage of DVDs over lessons is you can learn at your own pace and go back and review things as necessary. I'll post links to both sets, since the electric one has more reviews that will prove I'm not exaggerating about how great the DVDs are.

http://books-videos-music.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rock-House-Learn-Rock-Guitar-Beginner-Intermediate-and-Advanced-3DVD-package?sku=942719 (The electric set, just so you can read the reviews.)
http://books-videos-music.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rock-House-Learn-Rock-Acoustic-Guitar-Beginner-Intermediate-and-Hands-of-Steel-DVD-Package?sku=942720 (The acoustic set.)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I really want to play guitar but have trouble getting rhythm?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment